Uncle John's Pride, LLC. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Sausage Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination
WASHINGTON, April 24, 2017 Uncle Johns Pride, LLC., a Tampa, Fla. establishment, is recalling approximately 139,909 pounds of ready-to-eat smoked meat and poultry sausage products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, the U.S. Department of Agricultures Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The ready-to-eat smoked meat and poultry sausage items were produced on various dates from March 8, 2017 through April 8, 2017. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF only)]
- 10-lb. bulk boxes containing 26-28 pieces of GARCIA BRAND SMOKED SAUSAGE, 9 with case code 0-54912-20040-9.
- 10-lb. bulk boxes containing 36-40 pieces of GARCIA BRAND SMOKED SAUSAGE, 7 with case code 0-54912-17020-7.
- 10-lb. bulk boxes containing 26-30 pieces of GARCIA BRAND BEEF SMOKED SAUSAGE, 9 with case code 0-54912-17050-4.
- 1.75-lb. boxed packages of GARCIA BRAND SMOKED SAUSAGE with case code 0-54912-20010-2.
- 1.75-lb. boxed packages of GARCIA BRAND SMOKED HOT SAUSAGE with case code 0-54912-20050-8.
- 1.75-lb. boxed packages of GARCIA BRAND CHICKEN SMOKED SAUSAGE with case code 0-54912-15020-9.
- 1.75-lb. boxed packages of GARCIA BRAND BEEF SMOKED HOT SAUSAGE with case code 0-54912-20030-0.
- 1.75-lb. boxed packages of GARCIA BRAND BEEF SAUSAGE with case code 0-54912-20020-1.
- 3-lb. boxed packages of GARCIA BRAND BEEF SMOKED SAUSAGE with case code 0-54912-21010-1.
- 5-lb. boxed packages of GARCIA BRAND BEEF SMOKED SAUSAGE with case code 0-54912-18020-6.
- 10-lb. bulk boxes of EMAS BEEF & CHICKEN BREAKFAST SAUSAGE Bulk, Manufactured By: Uncle Johns Pride, LLC with case code 0-41085-01536-7.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number EST. 9179 or P-9179 inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to foodservice and retail locations in Alabama, Florida, and Georgia.
The problem was discovered when a metal magnet was found in the beef trim source product of the processed sausage products.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall can contact Rick Bernaldo, Chief Operating Officer, at (813) 685-7745.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: https://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
Fully Cooked - Not Shelf Stable