Grants & Financial Options for Inspection
USDA is committed to supporting meat, poultry and egg establishments of all sizes. Below are available USDA opportunities for financial and technical assistance, as well as resources available through private institutions and the broader community.
Rural Development Business Programs
USDA's Rural Development (RD), provides financial backing and technical assistance to stimulate business creation and growth. RD offers programs through partnerships with public and private community-based organizations and financial institutions to provide financial assistance, business development, and technical assistance to rural businesses. These programs help to provide capital, equipment, space, job training, and entrepreneurial skills that can help to start and/or grow a business.
Business Programs also support the creation and preservation of quality jobs in rural areas. Loans, loan guarantees, and grants are available to individuals, businesses, cooperatives, farmers and ranchers, public bodies, non-profit corporations, Native American Tribes, and private companies in rural communities. The financial resources of the Business Programs are often leveraged with those of other public and private credit source lenders to meet business and credit needs in under-served areas. The funding is intended to help improve the quality of life in rural communities by enhancing economic opportunities and ensuring self-sustainability for generations to come.
Rural Development Business Programs:
- Business and Industry Loan Guarantees (B&I)
- Energy Programs
- Higher Blends Infrastructure Incentive Program
- Intermediary Relending Program (IRP)
- Rural Business Development Grants (RBDG)
- Rural Business Investment Program (RBIP)
- Rural Cooperative Development Grants (RCDG)
- Rural Economic Development Loan and Grant (REDLG)
- Rural Microentrepreneur Assistance Program (RMAP)
- Socially-Disadvantaged Group Grants (SDGG)
- Value Added Producer Grants (VAPG)
You can also read the RD Fact Sheet for Meat Processors.