Golden Platter Foods Inc. Recalls Poultry and Beef Products
WASHINGTON, June 14, 2017 Golden Platter Foods Inc., a Newark, N.J. establishment, is recalling approximately 31,662 pounds of poultry and beef products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens, the U.S. Department of Agricultures Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The products contain, milk, a known allergen which is not declared on the products labels.
The ready-to-eat turkey, chicken, veal and beef items were produced on various dates between March 16, 2017 and June 7, 2017. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF Only)]
- 24-lb bulk cases containing 3-lb. plastic liner retail bags of Western Beef Fully Cooked CHICKEN TENDERS, with case code 04952.*
- 24-lb bulk cases containing 3-lb. plastic liner retail bags of Western Beef Fully Cooked Chicken Patties, with case code 04951.*
- 10-lb bulk cases of Golden Platter Fully Cooked CHICKEN PATTIES Breaded Nugget Shaped Patties, with case code 21017.
- 24-lb bulk cases containing 3-lb. retail bags of Western Beef Fully Cooked CHICKEN NUGGETS, with case code 04950.*
- 20-lb bulk cases of Golden Platter HALAL Fully Cooked BEEF MEAT BALLS, with case code 12012.
- 10-lb bulk cases of Golden Platter HALAL Fully Cooked CHICKEN NUGGETS Breaded Nugget Shaped Patties, with case code 21020H.
- 10-lb bulk cases of Golden Platter Fully Cooked Breakfast Style Turkey Patties, with case code 18610.
- 10-lb bulk cases of Golden Platter HALAL Fully Cooked Breaded BEEF PATTIES, with case code 11001.
*Products marked with an asterisk have an additional exterior label. Please click the label link above to view.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number EST. 8813 inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail and institutional locations in Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
The problem was discovered on June 6, 2017, when the company received notification from an ingredient supplier that the batter and cracker meal the company received and used in the recalled products potentially contained undeclared milk.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall can contact Scott Bennett, President, at (973) 344-8770.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: https://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
Fully Cooked - Not Shelf Stable