Rochester Meat Company Recalls Pork Sausage Products Due To Misbranding
WASHINGTON, March 6, 2017 Rochester Meat Company, a Rochester, Minn. establishment, is recalling approximately 13,330 pounds of pork sausage products due to misbranding , the U.S. Department of Agricultures Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The products contain monosodium glutamate (MSG), an ingredient which is not declared on the product label.
The raw pork sausage products were produced on various dates from Nov. 14, 2016 through Feb. 3, 2017. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF Only)]
- 10-lb. bulk boxes containing 40 patties per box of Rochester Meat Company Pork Sausage Patties, bearing the case code 10012724390418.
- 10-lb. bulk boxes containing 50 patties per box of Rochester Meat Company Pork Sausage Patties, bearing the case code 10012724390517.
- 10-lb. bulk boxes containing 80 patties per box of Rochester Meat Company Pork Sausage Patties, bearing the case code 1002724390029.
- 10-lb. bulk boxes containing 50 patties per box of Rochester Meat Company Pork Sausage Patties NAT, bearing the case code 1002724390036.
- 10-lb. bulk boxes containing 160 - 1 oz. links of Rochester Meat Company Pork Sausage Links, bearing the case code 1002724391002.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number EST. 8999 inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to institutional locations in Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
The problem was discovered on March 2, 2017 by company personnel during routine label reviews. FSIS was notified on that same date.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Debbie Green, Customer Service Manager, at (618) 857-4011. Media with questions about the recall can contact Mike Riley, Vice President of Sales, at (618) 857-4062.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
Products with Secondary Inhibitors - Not Shelf Stable