Greencore USA Recalls Meat, Poultry Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection
WASHINGTON, April 29, 2016 Greencore USA, Inc., a North Kingstown, R.I. establishment, is recalling approximately 1,341 pounds of meat and poultry products that were produced without the benefit of federal inspection and outside inspection hours, the U.S. Department of Agricultures Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The meat and poultry wrap and salad items were produced on April 7, 14, 18, 21 and 25, 2016. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF Only)]
- 7.7-oz. packages of STARBUCKS SOUTHWEST STYLE STEAK WRAP with use-by dates of 4/10/2016 and 4/24/2016.
- 8.2-oz. packages of STARBUCKS THAI-STYLE PEANUT CHICKEN WRAP with use-by dates of 4/10/2016 and 4/17/2016.
- 9.5-oz. packages of STARBUCKS ZESTY CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN SALAD BOWL with a use-by date of 4/28/2016.
- 7.8-oz. packages of HANNAFORD ITALIAN PESTO WRAP with a use-by date of 4/25/2016.
- 7-oz. packages of HANNAFORD ASIAN-STYLE SALAD with a use-by date of 4/30/2016.
- 9.9-oz. packages of TURKEY HILL FRESH TO GO GRILLED CHICKEN RANCH WRAP with a use-by date of 4/23/2016
The products subject to recall bear establishment number P-45540 inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to distributors for retail sale in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island.
The problem was discovered by FSIS inspection program personnel while reviewing establishment records during verification activities.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall should contact Greencore USAs food recall coordinator at (978) 716 -2530 ext. 2543.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.