California Firm Recalls Assorted Meat Products Due To Mislabeling And An Undeclared Allergen
WASHINGTON, April 17, 2010 - Westlake Food Corporation, a Santa Ana, Calif., establishment, is recalling approximately 140,000 pounds of fully cooked assorted meat products because they contain an undeclared allergen, wheat starch, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. Wheat is a known allergen, which is not declared on the label.
The products subject to recall include:
- 14-ounce packages of "GIO LUA TAY HO PORK MEAT LOAF WRAPPED IN BANANA LEAVES FULLY COOKED."
- 13-ounce packages of "BO VIEN TAY HO BEEF MEAT BALL FULLY COOKED."
- 14-ounce packages of "DOI GIO HEO TAY HO CURED PORK HOCK SAUSAGE WITH ONION WRAPPED IN PORK SKIN FULLY COOKED."
- 15-ounce packages of "CHA CHIIEN TAY HO FRIED PORK PATTIE FRIED IN VEGETABLE OIL FULLY COOKED."
- 13-ounce packages of "BO VIEN GAN TAY HO BEEF MEAT BALL WITH BEEF TENDON FULLY COOKED," produced between April 15, 2009 and April 14, 2010.
Each package bears the establishment number "EST. 1627A" inside the USDA mark of inspection. The assorted meat products were produced between January 1, 2010 and April 14, 2010, unless otherwise noted above. These products were distributed to restaurants and retail establishments nationwide.
The problem was discovered by FSIS during a routine inspection. FSIS and the company have received no reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an allergic reaction should contact a physician.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers (including restaurants) of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Consumer and media with questions about the recall should contact Oanh Dam at (714) 973-2286.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day.
Santa Ana, CA
Fully Cooked - Not Shelf Stable
Company Contact Information
Company Media Contact
FSIS Contact Information
FSIS provides updates as we become aware of additional products, distribution locations or other information important to the public.
June 12, 2020 - en |