Aggregate Salmonella Categorization of Raw Chicken Parts, NRTE Comminuted Poultry, Young Chicken Carcass and Young Turkey Carcass Establishments
Reporting period for this data: December 29, 2019 through December 26, 2020
- Summary information is intended to provide industry and other stakeholders timely updates about progress being made to reduce contamination in poultry.
- Only establishments in which the minimum number of samples has been analyzed or the maximum number of positives was exceeded in one or more completed moving windows are included in these aggregate categories and the totals.
- Establishments that produce 1,000 lbs. or less of each product per day, or slaughter 20,000 head or fewer of each species per year, are not included.
- Differences in the total number of establishments listed for Salmonella in the aggregate tables are due to establishments that did not have enough samples for a specific pathogen in any moving window to be categorized.
- Category definitions and contact information are presented after the tables.
NOTE: On Aug. 27, 2018, as announced in the Constituent Update, FSIS began testing all raw poultry samples using the enrichment method to detect Campylobacter and has discontinued assessing whether establishments meet the current Campylobacter performance standards. FSIS will continue to share individual Campylobacter sampling results directly with establishments using existing mechanisms but has temporarily discontinued posting aggregate category results on the FSIS website until sufficient data are generated with the new method and new Campylobacter performance standards are in place.