FSIS to Host Virtual Open House at Midwestern and Western Laboratories
FSIS will host a joint virtual open house at the Midwestern and Western Laboratories on August 2, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET. Topics have been specifically chosen based on recent feedback and frequent questions received by the FSIS laboratories.
Participants will learn:
- Improvements and efforts made by FSIS Laboratories to avoid discarding samples
- How FSIS Laboratories recently modernized Campylobacter screening tests to build efficiency into the method
- Revised E. coli (STEC) definition
- How FSIS Laboratories shortened the time-to-confirmation of bacterial pathogens using a MALDI-TOF proteomics approach
- Recent updates to the PFAS Chemistry Method
Participants must pre-register to receive more detail information to the event.