Export - 8/30/2021, HO-84
Last update Aug 30, 2021
- Meat and meat products.
- Poultry and poultry products (Except as indicated in the ineligible section below.)
Poultry and poultry products, unless heat treated in accordance with OIE guidelines (Currently 10.4.26), derived from birds originating from or slaughtered, processed, or stored within:
- California - Fresh/Frozen poultry and poultry products derived from birds originating from, slaughtered or processed in, or shipped from the following regions are ineligible for export:
- Stanislaus County, California on or after September 8, 2018 and before July 29, 2019.
- Monterey County, California on or after April 20, 2019 and before September 18, 2019.
- Merced County, California on or after June 27, 2019
- Fairfield County on or after March 29, 2019 and before July 6, 2019, are ineligible for export.
- Kandiyohi County in the State of Minnesota on or after October 20, 2018 and before April 30, 2019 are ineligible for export.
- Stearns County in the State of Minnesota on or after October 31, 2018 and before April 30, 2019 are ineligible for export.
- Jasper County
- on or after March 3, 2018 and before July 29, 2018 are ineligible for export.
- Webster County in the State of Missouri on or after March 15, 2018 and before August 21, 2018 are ineligible for export.
- Jasper County
- North Carolina
- Union County on or after March 12, 2020, and on or before October 14, 2020, are ineligible for export.
- Anson County on or after March 12, 2020, and on or before September 18, 2020, are ineligible for export
- Lancaster County on or after March 13, 2019 and before August 8, 2019, are ineligible for export.
- South Carolina
- Chesterfield County on or after March 17, 2020, and on or before August 5, 2020, are ineligible for export.
- Hopkins County in the State of Texas, between March 7, 2018 and June 21, 2018 are ineligible for export.
In addition to U.S. labeling requirements, the following information must appear in Spanish on the shipping carton(s). The requested dates must be provided in the Day/Month/Year format (DD/MM/YYYY).
- Expiration date
- Lot number
- Production date
- Fresh/frozen meat, meat products, and cooked poultry products- PHIS will generate FSIS form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness.
- Fresh/ Frozen poultry -FSIS form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness. Additionally, the following statement must be selected by the export applicant in PHIS and included on FSIS Form 9060-5B; Meat, Poultry and Egg Products Export Certificate of Wholesomeness Continuation Sheet : *
"All fresh/frozen poultry meat, including mechanically deboned meat (MDM), comes from an area free of high or low pathogenic Avian Influenza."
Note: The term "area" refers to farm or premise.
Note: The importer in Honduras must apply for a permit to be able to import U.S. product.
All Federally inspected establishments are eligible to export to Honduras.
Last update Feb 23, 2021
Additional Import Information
The products identified in the table above are eligible for export from Honduras to the United States as determined by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) Equivalence Process.
Raw source materials used to produce product intended for export to the United States must originate from a certified establishment in an eligible country that has an equivalent raw products inspection system.
The above are the Process Categories, Product Categories, and Product Groups as listed in the FSIS Product Categorization document and defined in the Public Health Information System (PHIS).
APHIS Animal Disease Requirements for Honduras
The USDA, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) restricts certain animal products from entering the United States because of animal disease conditions in the country of origin. Applicable APHIS animal disease requirements that may have an impact on Honduras’s eligibility to export product to the United States are listed below:
For information or questions concerning a country’s animal disease status and restrictions please contact the APHIS Veterinary Services, Strategy and Policy, Animal Product Import and Export at:
Veterinary Services, Strategy and Policy, Animal Product Import and Export (APIE)
4700 River Road, Unit 40
Riverdale, MD 20737
Phone: (301) 851-3300, option 4
Link to Honduras Certified Establishment List
A certified establishment is an establishment that the Central Competent Authority (CCA) of the foreign country has certified as meeting the requirements of the inspection system that FSIS has determined equivalent to the United States inspection system and, therefore, eligible to export meat, poultry, or egg products to the United States.