What is i-Impact?
I-Impact is an FSIS employee initiative to help our employees reconnect to the mission of our agency and demonstrate how every single employee has an impact on food safety and public health. I-Impact will help you draw a line of sight from your daily work activities to the mission of FSIS. I-Impact will also help you become familiar with the agency’s program areas, modernization efforts, and the 2017-2021 Strategic Plan.
I-Impact is an hour and 30 minute long, in-person workshop delivered to FSIS employees, by FSIS employees.
We want to hear from you
The workshop is an environment for interaction and dialogue about your work and the work of your colleagues. I-Impact will elicit feedback* and discussion concerning how the agency can utilize the initiative to improve employee engagement, retention, and internal communications. On that note, the agency would love to hear from you about how you impact food safety as part of your job, or how you feel i-Impact can improve or be utilized within FSIS. Please send feedback, suggestions, and success stories to email@example.com.
We encourage you to send in selfie videos, success stories, and photos about your impact on food safety to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do, you may be featured on:
- The i-Impact Webpage
- As part of the i-Impact workshop
- The Beacon, Employee Connections, or your District Newsletter
- Workbook (PDF Only; 28 pages)
- VIDEO: FSIS Employees Impact Food Safety: i-Impact helps each employee draw a line of sight from their daily work activities to the mission of FSIS.
Here’s what your FSIS colleagues are saying about the i-Impact workshop:
- “I enjoyed the presentation – very engaging – reminded me that my job is important.”
- “I am important. My job has a huge impact on my family, friends, and others.”
- “The program was presented very well and it was made very clear that the agency wants to know our opinions.”
- “I am VERY glad that this initiative has been undertaken even though it's towards the ‘end’ instead of the beginning of my career. I consider myself fortunate that I've always known how I've contributed/ supported /impacted Food Safety in my different assignments (all in the field).”
- “It boosted my confidence as an inspector and the duties I perform.”
- “Great workshop. I am thrilled to be a FSIS employee. I Impact Food Safety!”
- “The agency has listened to the people and developed this program to impact our agency.”
- “We matter.”
- “My job is very important. I impact food safety.”
- “Giving us a chance to have a voice in improving us as an agency.”
- “It has actually encouraged me to do more inside and outside of the agency…a much [needed] dosage of motivation”