This information is provided to comply with the OMB Bulletin on Agency Good Guidance Practices. The bulletin requires agencies to maintain a current electronic list of all "significant guidance documents" as defined in the Bulletin. See the Federal Register Notice published January 25, 2007 (72 FR 3432-3440).
Additional background information is available in the memoranda at: MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS (whitehouse.gov)
- Expansion of the Use of the Term "Healthy" (Mar 2020)
- Compliance Guideline for Minimizing the Risk of Shiga Toxin-Producing Escherichia coli (STEC) in Raw Beef (including Veal) Processing Operations (November 2017)
- "At Least Equal To" Guidelines for State Meat and Poultry Cooperative Inspection Programs (Nov 2016)
- FSIS Compliance Guideline: Modernization of Poultry Slaughter Inspection Microbiological Sampling of Raw Poultry (Jun 2015)
- FSIS Compliance Guideline HACCP Systems Validation (Apr 2015)
- Compliance Guideline for Training Establishment Carcass Sorters in the New Poultry Inspection System (Revised Sep 2014)
- Compliance Guideline for E. coli O157:H7 Sampled and Tested Claims for Boneless Beef Manufacturing Trimmings ("Trim") (Aug 2014)
- Compliance Guideline for Establishments Sampling Beef Trimmings for Shiga Toxin-Producing Escherichia coli (STEC) Organisms or Virulence Markers (Aug 2014)
- Pre-Harvest Management Controls and Intervention Options for Reducing Escherichia Coli O157:H7 Shedding in Cattle (Aug 2014)
- Compliance Guideline for Validating Cooking Instructions for Mechanically Tenderized Beef Products (May 2015)
- Compliance Guidelines for Use of Video or Other Electronic Monitoring or Recording Equipment in Federally Inspected Establishments (Aug 2011)
- FSIS Guidance for Evaluating Test Kit Performance (Oct 2010)
- Mobile Slaughter Unit Compliance Guide (May 2010)
- DRAFT Compliance Guideline for Controlling Salmonella and Campylobacter in Poultry, Fourth Edition, December 2015 (May 2010)
- Supplementary Guidance on the Use of Antimicrobial Agents to Control Listeria Monocytogenes in Post-Lethality Exposed Ready-to-Eat Meat and Poultry Products (Feb 2008)
- Compliance Guidelines to Control Listeria monocytogenes In Post-Lethality Exposed Ready-To-Eat Meat and Poultry Products (May 2006)
- Compliance Guidelines for Establishments on the FSIS Microbiological Testing Program and Other Verification Activities for Escherichia coli O157:H7 (Apr 2004)
- Regulatory Compliance
FSIS provides information for producers and agricultural businesses to help them maintain compliance with federally defined regulations for their establishments.
- Compliance Guides Index
This index provides additional guidance materials and instructions in support of FSIS notices, directives, policies and regulations.