Residue Sampling Plans - "Blue Book"
United States National Residue Program for Meat, Poultry, and Egg Products: 2017 Residue Sampling Plans (PDF Only)
The U.S. National Residue Program (NRP) for Meat, Poultry, and Egg Products, is an interagency program designed to identify, rank, and analyze for chemical contaminants in meat, poultry, and egg products. The program is administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS). FSIS publishes the NRP Residue Sampling Plans (traditionally known as the Blue Book) each year to provide information on the process of sampling meat, poultry, and egg products for chemical contaminants of public health concern.
This year's Blue Book includes the following sections:
- Table of Contents & List of Tables
- Preface, Contacts and Comments, Acknowledgements, Principal Authors
- Overview of the Sampling Plans
- Domestic Sampling Plan
- Import Reinspection Sampling Plan
- 2017 Residue Sampling for Siluriformes
- Summary of Changes from the 2016 NRP
- Policy and Procedures for Holding or Controlling Product Under the NRP
- Animal Production Class
- Summary of the Domestic and Import Reinspection Sampling Plans