Gaiser's European Style Provision Inc. Recalls Chicken and Pork Bologna Products Due to Misbranding, Undeclared Allergens, and Being Formulated with Uninspected Meat and Poultry Products
WASHINGTON, Oct. 26, 2016 Gaisers European Style Provision Inc., a Union, N.J. establishment, is recalling approximately 3,895 pounds of chicken and pork bologna products due to misbranding, undeclared allergens, and being formulated with meat and poultry products that were not federally inspected, the U.S. Department of Agricultures Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The products may contain nonfat dry milk, a known allergen which is not declared on the finished product label.
The bologna items were produced on various dates from Oct. 6, 2016 to Oct. 20, 2016. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF only)]
- 1-lb. chubb artificial casing containing Gaisers RUSSIAN BRAND PROFESSORSKAYA BOLOGNA pork bologna with various packaging dates from Oct. 10, 2016 to Oct. 21, 2016.
- 10-lb. chubb artificial casing containing Gaisers PROFESSORSKAYA pork bologna with various packaging dates from Oct. 10, 2016 to Oct. 21, 2016.
- 1-lb. chubb artificial casing containing NetCost Market PROFESSORSKAYA BRAND BOLOGNA with various packaging dates from Oct. 10, 2016 to Oct. 21, 2016.
- 1-lb. chubb artificial casing containing Gaisers CHICKEN BOLOGNA with various packaging dates from Oct. 10, 2016 to Oct. 21, 2016.
- 3-lb. chubb artificial casing containing Gaisers CHICKEN BOLOGNA with various packaging dates from Oct. 10, 2016 to Oct. 21, 2016.
- 1-lb. chubb artificial casing containing NetCost Market CHICKEN BOLOGNA with various packaging dates from Oct. 10, 2016 to Oct. 21, 2016.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number EST. 5385 or P-5385 inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations and/or for institutional use in California, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York and Washington.
The problem was discovered during a Food Safety Assessment conducted by FSIS personnel.
There have been no confirmed reports of illness or adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and members of the media with questions about the recall can contact Igor Denisenko, Gaisers European Style Provision Inc.s plant manager, at (908) 686-3421.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.