Colorado Firm Recalls Sausage Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergen
WASHINGTON, April 20, 2012 - Old Style Sausage, a Denver, Colo. establishment, is recalling approximately 3,000 pounds of sausage products because of misbranding and an undeclared allergen. The sausage products contain egg, a known allergen not declared on the package label.
The products subject to recall include:
- 12-lb. cases of "Old Style Sausage Bratwurst German Brand Sausage"
- 12-lb. cases of "Colorado Rocky Brat Amber Beer Bratwurst"
- 12-lb. cases of "Old Style Sausage Boulder Porter Bratwurst"
- 12-lb. cases of "Rocky Brat 1 Colorado Rocky Bratwurst"
- 12-lb. cases of "Old Style Sausage Rocky Brat II Colorado Rocky Bratwurst"
- 12-lb. cases of "Old Style Sausage Rocky Brats III Colorado Rocky Bratwurst"
- 12-lb. cases of "Colorado Rocky Brat Pork & Elk Bratwurst"
- 12-lb. cases of "Colorado Rocky Brat Pork & Buffalo Bratwurst"
The products do not have a packaging date or code but may bear a label with the establishment number "EST. 8126" inside the USDA mark of inspection. The sausages, produced prior to April 18, 2012, were distributed to restaurants in Colorado.
The problem was discovered during a routine food safety assessment and may have occurred as a result of a change in ingredient formulation. FSIS and the company have not received reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of the products sold by Old Style Sausage. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall should contact the company's Owner, Michael Deborski, at (303) 666-8240.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day.
Raw - Non Intact
Company Contact Information
FSIS Contact Information
FSIS provides updates as we become aware of additional products, distribution locations or other information important to the public.