Consumer Information & Resources from FSIS
- Protect Your Baby and Yourself from Listeriosis | PDF | En Español | En Español PDF
One-page flyer in plain language lists steps to take to reduce their risk of listeriosis for pregnant women and newborns.
Policy, Procedures, Guidance
- Docket No. 04-032N | PDF (Dec 2, 2004)
Availability of the FSIS Report on Assessing the Effectiveness of the Listeria monocytogenes Interim Final Rule
- Report (PDF Only)
- Docket No. 97-031FE | PDF (Dec 2, 2004)
Control of Listeria monocytogenes in Ready-to-Eat Meat and Poultry Products. Interim final rule; extension of comment period.
- FSIS Directive 10,240.4 - Revision 3 (jan 10, 2014; PDF Only)
Verification Activities for the Listeria monocytogenes (Lm) Regulation and the Ready-to-Eat (RTE) Sampling Program
- FSIS Directive 10,240.5 - Revision 3 (Mar 28, 2013; PDF only)
Verification Procedures for Enforcement, Investigations and Analysis Officers (EIAOs) for the Listeria monocytogenes (Lm) Regulation and Routine Risk-Based Listeria monocytogenes (RLm) Sampling Program
- FSIS Directive 10,300.1 - Revision 1
Intensified Verification Testing (IVT) Protocol for Sampling of Product, Food Contact Surfaces and Environmental Surfaces for Listeria Monocytogenes (Mar 28, 2013; PDF Only)
- Compliance Guidelines
These guidelines help establishments producing Ready-to-Eat (RTE) meat and poultry products in their use of control methods for L. monocytogenes.
All FSIS recall information, including reports of recalls for possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination, is available in the Recalls section.
Provides FSIS risk assessment reports and models for Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, Clostridium perfringens, E. coli O157:H7, Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella, etc.
- Listeria Workshops for Small/Very Small Plants (2003)
Get materials from interactive workshops held to help small and very small plants prepare for the interim final rule "Control of Listeria monocytogenes in Ready-to-Eat Meat and Poultry Products."
- Research: Listeriosis Food Safety Messages and Delivery Mechanisms for Pregnant Women | PDF (2001)
- FSIS Revised Action Plan for Control of Listeria monocytogenes for the Prevention of Foodborne Listeriosis (2000)
Links to Additional Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Listeriosis Information from CDC | En Español
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration
Foodborne Pathogenic Microorganisms and Natural Toxins Handbook (The "Bad Bug Book")