FSIS is seeking nominations for membership on the USDA’s National Advisory Committee on Meat and Poultry Inspection. The nomination process occurs every two years. The nomination criteria and background are:
- Persons from industry; state and federal government; public health, scientific, and academic communities; and consumers and consumer organizations, as well as all other interested persons are invited to submit nominations. Self-nominations are welcome.
- To ensure that recommendations of the Committee take into account the needs of the diverse groups served by the Department, membership will include, to the extent practicable, persons with demonstrated ability to represent minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
- The full Committee consists of no more than 20 members, and each person selected is expected to serve a two-year term. Members are limited to two consecutive terms (maximum four years). Anyone wishing to nominate or be nominated must submit the name(s) of the nominee(s), curriculum vitae or resume and a completed AD-755 form. The AD-755 form is available online at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/forms.
Nominations may be sent by mail to:
Thomas Vilsack, Secretary
U.S. Department of Agriculture
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20250
Attn: National Advisory Committee on Meat and Poultry Inspection
Selections are made several months after the publication of the solicitation Notice in the Federal Register.
- It is anticipated that the Committee will meet at least once annually in Washington, D.C.
- Travel and per diem expenses for Committee members are covered by USDA.
For further information, contact NACMPI@fsis.usda.gov.