Codex Committee on Food Hygiene
Host Government: United States of America
The Codex Committee on Food Hygiene (CCFH):
- Develops basic provisions on food hygiene applicable to all food or to specific food types;
- Considers and amends or endorses provisions on food hygiene contained in Codex commodity standards and codes of practice developed by other Codex commodity committees;
- Considers specific food hygiene problems assigned to it by the Commission;
- Suggests and prioritizes areas where there is a need for microbiological risk assessment at the international level and develops questions to be addressed by the risk assessors; and
- Considers microbiological risk management matters in relation to food hygiene and in relation to FAO/WHO risk assessments.
The 48th Session of CCFH met November 4-11, 2016 in Los Angeles, California. The U.S. Delegate's report of that session is available.
The 49th Session of CCFH is tentatively scheduled for November 13-17, 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. Upon availability, the agenda and committee documents can be accessed at http://www.codexalimentarius.org/meetings-reports/en.
Requests for Comments
- List of Circulating Letters/Comments due for Codex Committees: http://www.codexalimentarius.org/circular-letters/en/
Add your name to the mailing list of those interested in activities of the Codex Committee on Food Hygiene.