Slovenia Initial Equivalence Status
| (Jan 19, 2012)
Status of Document Review:
- Aug 24, 2006 - FSIS sent initial equivalence package to Slovenia.
- Jun 18, 2006 - FSIS received Slovenia's documentation.
- Sep 13, 2008 - FSIS completed their document review process.
- Sep 3, 2009 - FSIS sent a letter to Slovenia requesting additional information.
- Mar 3, 2011 - FSIS held a teleconference with Slovenia inspection authority and discussed the current equivalence status of Slovenia eligibility to export meat and poultry products to the United States. The teleconference concluded that, at this point of time, Slovenia is not intended to reinstate its eligibility to export meat products to the US. T his is due to lack of interest from the Slovenian meat industry.
FSIS Follow-up to Country:
- FSIS is awaiting response from Slovenian inspection authority on whether or not they would like to continue to pursue the initial equivalence process for poultry product. Slovenian inspection authority needs to confirm that the industry will be fully committed to the entire equivalence process.
Last Modified May 19, 2013