Namibia Initial Equivalence Status
| (Feb 16, 2012)
Status of Document Review(s):
- On August 23, 2002 and May 2005, FSIS sent an initial equivalence package to the country.
- On December 8, 2006, FSIS received Namibia's response for review.
- On March 16, 2009, FSIS completed their document review process.
On-site Assessment of Country System:
- From September 27, 2006 through October 11, 2006, FSIS conducted an on-site assessment of Namibia's meat inspection system.
- From September 2, 2009 through September 9, 2009, FSIS conducted an
on-site audit of Namibias meat inspection system. In December 2010, FSIS completed the document review and audit process.
- In August 2011, a decision memorandum for rule making was finalized and approved for use in the rule making process.
FSIS Follow-up to Country
- To date, FSIS is currently in the process of drafting a proposed rule to add Namibia to the list of countries eligible to export meat products to the United States.
Last Modified May 19, 2013