Mexico Initial Equivalence Status
| (May 30, 2012)
Product: Poultry and Egg Products
Status of Document Review:
- On November 28, 1997, FSIS sent an initial equivalence package to the country.
- On August 5, 2002, FSIS sent a letter to the country requesting further information in order to complete the review process.
- On September 23, 2002, FSIS conducted an on-site audit of Mexico's poultry inspection system. FSIS needs further information from Mexico in order to complete the process.
FSIS Follow-up to Country:
- On March 22, 2012, FSIS sent a letter of intent to Mexico asking whether the country wished to pursue their initial equivalence request.
- On March 30, 2012, Mexico expressed an interest to FSIS that the country is still interested in pursuing their initial equivalence request.
- Currently, FSIS is working with Mexico to complete their initial equivalence request for poultry and egg products.
Last Modified May 19, 2013