Lithuania Initial Equivalence Status
| (Jan 19, 2012)
Product: Meat, Poultry, and Egg Products
Status of Document Review:
- Dec 9, 2004 - FSIS sent an initial equivalence package to Lithuania.
- Nov 3, 2005 - FSIS received Lithuanias documentation.
- May 4, 2006 - FSIS completed the document review and found that more information was needed from Lithuania. FSIS sent Lithuania a letter requesting further information.
- Nov 5, 2009 - FSIS sent Lithuania a copy of the FSIS Self Assessment Tool (SAT) for Initial Equivalence for Meat, Poultry and Egg Products.
- Sep 15, 2010 - Lithuania completed and submitted the SAT. This response helped FSIS in converting Lithuanias responses to the newly adopted technical evaluation approach that replaced the five risk areas with six components, and updated equivalence criteria.
- Mar 17, 2011 - FSIS sent a copy of an updated SAT for Initial Equivalence for Meat, Poultry, and Egg Products to Lithuania through the Lithuanian embassy in DC. This updated SAT contained revised equivalence criteria for egg products modified criteria for microbiological control.
- Jul 14, 2011 - FSIS received Lithuanias response to the updated SAT.
- Aug 12, 2011 - FSIS received an up-to-date list and a map of establishments that are intended to be certified to export meat, poultry and egg products to the United States.
FSIS Follow-up to Country:
- FSIS is currently conducting document review of the country response to the updated SAT.
Last Modified May 19, 2013