Korea Initial Equivalence Status
| (May 30, 2012)
Status of Document Review:
- On May 9, 1994 and May 3, 2000, FSIS sent an initial equivalence package to the country.
- On May 29, 2009, FSIS completed their initial document review and indicated that additional information was needed from Korea in order to complete the process.
- On June 24, 2011, FSIS completed their review of Korea's corrective actions plan in response to FSIS' audit findings during the second on-site audit of Korea's poultry inspection system that occurred in November 2010.
FSIS Follow-up to Country:
- From October 6 - October 17, 2008, FSIS conducted an on-site audit of Korea's poultry inspection system. FSIS needs further information from Korea in order to complete the process.
- From November 15 - November 29, 2010, FSIS conducted a second on-site audit of Korea's poultry inspection system.
- Currently, FSIS is working with Korea to complete their initial equivalence request for poultry products.
Last Modified May 19, 2013