Jamaica Initial Equivalence Status
| (May 30, 2012)
Product: Meat & Poultry
Status of Document Review:
- On August 7, 1997, FSIS sent an initial equivalence package to the country.
- On January 30, 2001, FSIS received Jamaica's response for review.
- On February 23, 2006, FSIS completed their initial document review, and indicated that additional information was needed from Jamaica in order to complete the process.
- On June 30, 2008, FSIS sent a letter to Jamaica requesting that they send additional information for clarification.
FSIS Follow-up to Country:
- FSIS has contacted Jamaica several times to inquire about the status of additional information requested by FSIS. FSIS is awaiting the country response.
- On October 14, 2010, FSIS sent a letter of intent to Jamaica asking whether the country wished to pursue their initial equivalence request.
- On November 16, 2010, Jamaica expressed an interest to FSIS that the country is still interested in pursuing their initial equivalence request.
- Currently, FSIS is working with Jamaica to complete their initial equivalence request for meat and poulrty products.
Last Modified May 19, 2013