Honduras Initial Equivalence Status
| (May 30, 2012)
Status of Document Review(s):
- In July 2003, FSIS provided Honduras with an initial equivalence package.
- On November 5, 2003, FSIS completed their initial document review process. The FSIS responses were delivered to Honduras officials.
- From November 8 through November 17, 2005, FSIS conducted an on-site audit of Honduras' poultry inspection system. FSIS followed up with Honduras to perform corrective actions that were found during the audit.
- From June 8 through 9, 2009, FSIS conducted a second on-site audit. Work on this project has been suspended due to the current political situation in Honduras.
FSIS Follow-up to Country:
- On January 13, 2012, FSIS sent a draft final assessment report for comment to country.
- On March 13, 2012, FSIS received the country's response(s) for FSIS' draft final assessment report. The country's responses were sent for translation.
- Currently, FSIS is awaiting translation of the response documents and will incorporate the comments into the final report which will be sent back to the country.
- Subsequently, the rulemaking process will begin to add Honduras to the list of countries eligible to export poultry to the United States.
Last Modified May 19, 2013