Costa Rica Initial Equivalence Status
| (May 29, 2012)
Status of Document Review(s):
- On February 5, 1990 and October 27, 1997, FSIS sent an initial equivalence package to the country.
- On March 7, 2011, FSIS sent an updated initial equivalence package to the country.
FSIS Follow-up to Country:
- On December 21, 2010, FSIS sent a letter of intent to Costa Rica asking whether the country wished to pursue their initial equivalence request.
- On January 11, 2011, Costa Rica expressed an interest to FSIS that the country is still interested in pursuing their initial equivalence request.
- Currently, FSIS is working with Costa Rica to complete their initial equivalence request for poulrty products.
Last Modified May 19, 2013