Colombia Initial Equivalence Status
| (May 29, 2012)
Product: Meat & Poultry
Status of Document Review:
- On March 12, 1993, and May 18, 1999, FSIS sent an initial equivalence package to the country.
- On April 12, 2004, FSIS received Colombia's response for review.
- On April 5, 2006, FSIS completed their initial document review, and indicated that additional information was needed from Colombia in order to complete the process.
- On April 28, 2006, FSIS sent a letter to Colombia requesting that they send additional information to FSIS for clarificastion.
FSIS Follow-up to Country:
- On March 7, 2012, FSIS sent a letter of intent to Colombia asking whether the country wished to pursue their initial equivalence request.
- On March 24, 2012, Colombia expressed an interest to FSIS that the country is still interested in pursuing their initial equivalence request.
- Currently, FSIS is working with Colombia to complete their initial equivalence request for meat and poulrty products.
Last Modified May 19, 2013