Bulgaria Initial Equivalence Status
| (May 29, 2012)
Product: Meat & Poultry
Status of Document Review:
- On June 21, 2004, FSIS sent an initial equivalence package to the country.
- On April 28, 2005, FSIS received Bulgaria's response for review and indicated that additional information was needed from Bulgaria in order to complete the process.
- On November 10, 2008, FSIS received additional information from the country.
FSIS Follow-up to Country:
- On January 10, 2012, FSIS sent a letter of intent to Bulgaria asking whether the country wished to pursue their initial equivalence request.
- On January 20, 2012, Bulgaria responded to FSIS that the country is still interested in pursuing their initial equivalence request for meat and poultry.
- Currently, FSIS is working with Bulgaria to complete their initial equivalence request for poulrty products.
Last Modified May 19, 2013