Brazil Initial Equivalence Status
| (May 29, 2012)
Status of Document Review:
- On January 12, 1992, April 28, 2000, December 17, 2004, and March 28, 2007, FSIS sent initial equivalence packages to Brazil.
- On September 18, 2008, FSIS received Brazil's response for review.
- On January 20, 2009, FSIS completed their initial document review, and indicated that additional information was needed from Brazil in order to complete the process.
FSIS Follow-up to Country:
- On March 7, 2012, FSIS sent a letter of intent to Brazil asking whether the country wished to pursue their initial equivalence request.
- On March 29, 2012, Brazil responded to FSIS that the country is still interested in pursuing their initial equivalence request for poultry.
- Currently, FSIS is working with Brazil to complete their initial equivalence request for poultry products.
Last Modified May 19, 2013