Export Requirements for Republic of Korea (Egg Products)
EKO-11 (Feb 18, 2015)
Asterisks (*) indicate the most recent revision to these requirements. To search, click on your browser's "Edit" menu, then click on "Find (on this page)". Enter "*" in the "Find What" field, then click "Find" or "Find Next" until all asterisks have been identified.
- Eligible Products
- Egg products (except as restricted in the INELIGIBLE section below).
- Ineligible Products
- Egg products shipped on or after January 21, 2016 are ineligible unless heat processed in compliance with the heat treatment time and temperature requirements listed below under the Documentation Requirements, Section C.*
- See Requirements for Exporting Processed Egg Products for all countries.
- Egg products produced on or before November 24, 2014 and shipped on or before December 19, 2014 and egg products produced and shipped on or after November 19, 2015 but prior to January 21, 2016 need only state in the ‘Remarks’ section of the FSIS Form 9060-5EP certificate that the products were “pasteurized”, or “pasteurized at xx degrees Fahrenheit for xx minutes”. The heat treatment temperatures and times do not need to meet the heat treatment temperature and time requirements indicated in C. below.*
- For egg products produced on or after November 25, 2014 and/or shipped on or after December 20, 2014 but prior to November 19, 2015, and egg products shipped on or after January 21, 2016 one of the following heat treatment temperature and time requirements or a heat treatment that is equal or higher (based on internal core temperature) must be indicated in the ‘Remarks’ section of the FSIS Form 9060-5EP certificate:*
Liquid whole eggs: 60⁰C for 188 seconds or 61.1⁰C for 94 seconds*
Egg whites: 55.6⁰C for 870 seconds or 56.7⁰C for 232 seconds*
Egg yolks: 62.2⁰C for 138 seconds*
Whole egg powder: 60⁰C for 188 seconds*
Egg white powder: 67⁰C for 20 hours or 54.4⁰C for 513 hours*
Egg yolk powder: 63.5⁰C for 3.5 minutes*