Export Requirements for Sri Lanka
SL-13 (May 14, 2014)
Asterisks (*) indicate the most recent revision to these requirements. To search, click on your browser's "Edit" menu, then click on "Find (on this page)". Enter "*" in the "Find What" field, then click "Find" or "Find Next" until all asterisks have been identified.
- Eligible Product
- Fresh/frozen turkey and turkey products.
- Fresh/frozen duck and duck products.
- Mechanically separated poultry from all species.
- Beef and beef products.
- Pork and pork products, including pork casings.*
- Ineligible Product
- Fresh/frozen chicken and chicken products, except mechanically separated chicken.
- Production and expiration dates are required on product cartons.
All export certificates can be signed by an FSIS veterinarian or inspector.
- Fresh/frozen poultry and poultry products. The following statements must be included in the "Remarks" section of FSIS Form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness:
"The poultry meat was produced in a USDA approved establishment, and the product label bears the official number of the establishment.
"The United States is free of highly pathogenic avian influenza."
"Production date: _______________________
- Beef and beef products - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness.
- Pork and pork products - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness.
- Pork casings - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-7 (08/26/2011), Animal Casings Export Certificate for countries requiring Ante-mortem, Post-Mortem, and Fit for Human Food Statements.*
Plants Eligible to Export
All Federally inspected establishments are eligible to export to Sri Lanka.