Export Requirements for Sri Lanka
SL-17 (Sep 3, 2015)
Asterisks (*) indicate the most recent revision to these requirements. To search, click on your browser's "Edit" menu, then click on "Find (on this page)". Enter "*" in the "Find What" field, then click "Find" or "Find Next" until all asterisks have been identified.
- Eligible Product
- Beef and beef products.
- Pork and pork products, including pork casings.
- Fully cooked or heat treated poultry products are exempt from poultry restrictions if heat processed according to the parameters in Poultry Processing requirements.
- Fresh/frozen poultry and poultry products except as indicated in the Ineligible Section below.*
- Ineligible Product
- Effective August 28, 2015, raw poultry and raw poultry products from the following States until further notice: Arkansas, California, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington and Wisconsin.*
Poultry Processing Requirements
|Core Temperature (°C)||Time|
The listed temperatures are indicative of a range that achieves a 7-log kill.
- Production and expiration dates are required on product cartons.
All export certificates can be signed by an FSIS veterinarian or inspector.
- Beef and beef products - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness.
- Pork and pork products - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness.
- Pork casings - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-7 (08/26/2011), Animal Casings Export Certificate for countries requiring Ante-mortem, Post-Mortem, and Fit for Human Food Statements.
- Fully cooked/heat treated poultry products - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness. In the Remarks section of the Form, indicate the heating temperature and time.
“The product was heated to ___ 0C for ____ seconds.”
Plants Eligible to Export
All Federally inspected establishments are eligible to export to Sri Lanka.