Export Requirements for Lebanon
LE-12 (Nov 4, 2014)
Asterisks (*) indicate the most recent revision to these requirements. To search, click on your browser's "Edit" menu, then click on "Find (on this page)". Enter "*" in the "Find What" field, then click "Find" or "Find Next" until all asterisks have been identified.
- Eligible Products
- Poultry and poultry products.
- Meat and meat products, including bone-in and boneless beef and beef products.
Processed meat/poultry products should have the manufacturing date on the immediate container. If coded, explain each code on the export certificate. Meat and poultry products must reach Lebanon within 180 days of slaughter.
- Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5--Export Certificate of Wholesomeness for all meat and poultry products.
- For beef and beef products, in addition to FSIS Form 9060-5, obtain an FSIS Letterhead Certificate, Letterhead Certificate for Beef and Beef Products from the United States to Lebanon.*
- Include slaughter dates and expiration dates in the "remarks" section of FSIS Form 9060-5. Meat and poultry products must reach Lebanon within 180 days of slaughter.
- Meat and meat products must be loaded onto the ocean vessel within 30 days of the date on the FSIS export certificate.
- An import permit is required for fresh (unfrozen) poultry meat. Imports of frozen meat, frozen poultry (including livers) no longer need a prior import license.
Plants Eligible to Export
All federally inspected establishments are eligible to export to Lebanon.