Export Requirements for Venezuela
VE-16 (Jan 31, 2013)
Asterisks (*) indicate the most recent revision to these requirements. To search, click on your browser's "Edit" menu, then click on "Find (on this page)". Enter "*" in the "Find What" field, then click "Find" or "Find Next" until all asterisks have been identified.
- Pork is eligible to export to Venezuela.
- Cooked poultry products.
- Natural pork casings.
- Ruminant meat and ruminant meat products.
- Pork and Pork Products
- Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5 Export Certificate of Wholesomeness
- The following statements must be included in the "Remarks" section of FSIS Form 9060-5:
- The meat was derived from animals that were born and raised in the United States or Canada;
- The meat was received from slaughter and processing of clinically healthy swine, which originated from premises and localities free from infectious animal diseases, including swine vesicular disease and African swine fever; and
- The meat comes from establishments or pork herds submitted under official control, in which in the last 24 months, trichinosis cases have not been detected or the product was submitted to freezing according to USDA 9 CFR 318.10 (c)(2), which guarantees the destruction of the parasite.
Note (for information-this is not a required statement): The term "infectious animal diseases" means that, at the time of slaughter, the animals were not under official quarantine or any other State or Federal restriction due to disease and passed antemortem and postmortem inspection.
- In addition to the above statements which are required for pork meat, exporters or their agents must provide the following certification on company letterhead:
- The meat is shipped in refrigerated containers that guarantee its temperature; and
- The containers were washed and disinfected using products approved by the exporting country.
Note: This certificate is not signed by FSIS personnel. However, it must include the MP number from the FSIS 9060-5 for identification with a particular shipment.
- Cooked poultry products - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5 Export Certificate of Wholesomeness. The following statements must be included in the "Remarks" section of FSIS Form 9060-5:
"Cooked poultry product was cooked, reaching an internal temperature of not less than 68° C (155° F)."
- Animal Casings - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-18 (08/25/2011), Animal Casings Export Certificate for Countries Requiring Ante-Mortem, Post-Mortem, and Sound and Clean Statements
- The importer must obtain a health import permit from the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, Animal Health and Industry Administration.
Plants Eligible to Export
All Federally inspected meat and poultry plants are eligible to export to Venezuela.
VE-16 (Jan 31, 2013)