Export Requirements for Turkey
TR-6 (Apr 27, 2015)
Asterisks (*) indicate the most recent revision to these requirements. To search, click on your browser's "Edit" menu, then click on "Find (on this page)". Enter "*" in the "Find What" field, then click "Find" or "Find Next" until all asterisks have been identified.
- Fresh/frozen red meat/poultry and processed red meat/poultry and products thereof are not eligible for export to Turkey at this time.
Note: Poultry and poultry products may transit via Turkey to third countries. However, poultry and poultry products from the following states are ineligible to transit via Turkey to third countries:
Washington – For certificates issued on or after December 19, 2014
Idaho, Oregon, Minnesota, Arkansas, Missouri – For certificates issued on or after March 19, 2015
California – For certificates issued on or after March 31, 2015
Kansas and South Dakota – For certificates issued on or after April 13, 2015*
North Dakota and Wisconsin – For certificates issued on or after April 22, 2015*
Certification requirements for canned meat products - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness.
- Canned meat product(s) - The following two additional documents are required:
- Certificate of Origin, indicating where the food originated; and
- Certificate of Analysis, which includes a Physical Analysis, Chemical Analysis, and Microbiological Analysis. This analysis indicates not only the meat and products in the food but also identifies any additives (with their identification or E numbers) and quantities in the product. The values with regard to the pathogen microorganisms should also be included in the analysis.
- Ships' Stores - Meat and poultry products intended for ships' stores are eligible from any federally inspected facility. Product should be certified with FSIS Form 9060-5. The statement "Product intended for ships' stores" should be typed in the remarks section.