Export Requiremetns for Jordan
JO-19 (Jan 9, 2013)
Asterisks (*) indicate the most recent revision to these requirements. To search, click on your browser's "Edit" menu, then click on "Find (on this page)". Enter "*" in the "Find What" field, then click "Find" or "Find Next" until all asterisks have been identified.
- Poultry and poultry products.*
- Beef and beef products.
- Certification Requirements
- Fresh/frozen beef - Obtain: FSIS Form 9060-5.
- Fresh/frozen poultry- Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5. The following statements must be typed in the "Remarks" section of FSIS Form 9060-5:
"The poultry originates from a State which is free of OIE List A poultry diseases."
"The poultry and poultry products were produced in accordance to the FSIS National Residue Program."
Plants Eligible to Export
All Federally inspected establishments are eligible to export to Jordan. If products are to be labeled "HALAL", the plant must be able to accommodate the Islamic requirements.
Islamic Slaughter Certification
The following is presented as information for the exporter. FSIS is not responsible for certifying that products intended for export to Muslim countries meet appropriate requirements for religious slaughter.
- All meat and any product of animal origin for export to Jordan must be accompanied by an halal certificate, with the exception of pork and pork products.
- An halal certificate may be issued by an Islamic association/institution in the state where the slaughtering took place or by any nationally recognized Islamic association/institution.
- The halal certificate should be issued and signed by the approved and licensed Islamic center only, and each consignment should be accompanied by an halal certificate showing the date of slaughtering.
- The halal sign logo should be on the original label from the producing establishment in the country of origin for mass packaging (industrial use) and for each individual retail package. Any added label will not be acceptable.
JO-19 (Jan 9, 2013)