Export Requirements for Guatemala
GT-34 (Jan 20, 2015)
Asterisks (*) indicate the most recent revision to these requirements. To search, click on your browser's "Edit" menu, then click on "Find (on this page)". Enter "*" in the "Find What" field, then click "Find" or "Find Next" until all asterisks have been identified.
- Poultry and poultry products, except as indicated in B. Ineligible..
- Red meat and red meat products, including beef and beef products, beef trim, and tallow.
- Effective December 19, 2014, poultry and poultry products derived from birds originating in the States of Idaho, Oregon or Washington are ineligible for export.*
- Red meat and red meat products - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5--Meat and Poultry Certificate of Wholesomeness.
- Beef and beef products - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness. The following statements must be included in the "Remarks" section of FSIS Form 9060-5 or on an FSIS letterhead certificate:
- The beef and beef products were derived from animals that were born and raised in the United States or were legally imported in accordance with U.S. import regulations.
- The beef and beef products were not derived from the following specified risk materials: the brain, skull, eyes, trigeminal ganglia, spinal cord, vertebral column (excluding the vertebrae of the tail, the transverse processes of the thoracic and lumbar vertebrae, and the wings of the sacrum) and dorsal root ganglia of cattle 30 months of age and older, and the tonsils and distal ileum of the small intestine of any cattle regardless of age.
- The feeding of ruminants with ruminant origin meat-and-bone meal and greaves is prohibited in the United States.
- The cattle from which the beef and beef products were obtained were not subjected to a stunning process with a device injecting compressed air or gas into the cranial cavity, or to a pithing process.
- Beef tallow for human consumption - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness. The following statement must be provided in the Remarks section:
"That the maximum content of insoluble impurities of the tallow does not exceed 0.15 percent of its weight."
- Poultry and Poultry products - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness.
The following statement must be typed in the "Remarks" section of FSIS Form 9060-5:
"The birds from which the meat was derived originated from farms located in a zone free of Newcastle disease and avian influenza as defined by OIE."
Signature on certificates - All required forms and supplementary statements must be signed by a veterinarian (name, degree, DVM or equivalent, and the District Number must be indicated following the signature).
Plants Eligible to Export
All Federally inspected establishments are eligible to export to Guatemala.