Export Requirements for Gibraltar
GB-0 (Nov 26, 1990)
Asterisks (*) indicate the most recent revision to these requirements. To search, click on your browser's "Edit" menu, then click on "Find (on this page)". Enter "*" in the "Find What" field, then click "Find" or "Find Next" until all asterisks have been identified.
- Eligible Product
- Fresh/frozen poultry and processed meat and poultry products originating from Gibraltar or United Kingdom (UK) approved establishments.
- Kosher fresh/frozen meat and kosher processed meat products originating from Gibraltar approved establishments.
- Fresh/frozen red meats originating from EC approved establishments.
- Ineligible Product
- Edible meat/poultry products originating from plants which are not certified for exports to Gibraltar.
- Inedible products.
Gibraltar applies USDA facility requirements to establishments reviewed for export exclusively to Gibraltar. When producing product for export to Gibraltar, UK (EC) approved plants must comply with the UK/EC requirements, as outlined in the Export Requirements for the United Kingdom.
- Issue FSIS Form 9060-5 (MP Form 130)--Export Certificate for Wholesomeness.
- Export certificate must be signed by a FSIS Veterinarian.
- If requested by the exporter, the following statement may be issued in the "Remarks" section of the FSIS Form 9060-5:
"Products were frozen on (month/day/year)."
- Products must arrive in Gibraltar within one year of the freezing date.
Plants Eligible to Export*
Establishments not approved by UK/EC, and desiring to export meat and poultry products to Gibraltar must be reviewed by a representative from the Government of Gibraltar (GOG). Export Coordination Division/International Programs will contact GOG on behalf of the plant management upon notification of the intent to export.
List of Approved Plants - The list of approved plants eligible to export to Gibraltar is updated periodically and is available in the Export Library.
GB-0 (Nov 26, 1990)