Export Requirements for Fiji
sFJ-8 - (May 22, 2014)
Asterisks (*) indicate the most recent revision to these requirements. To search, click on your browser's "Edit" menu, then click on "Find (on this page)". Enter "*" in the "Find What" field, then click "Find" or "Find Next" until all asterisks have been identified.
- Eligible product
- Meat and meat products other than beef.
- Ineligible product
- Fresh/frozen beef and beef products.
- Fresh/frozen poultry.
- Shipping cartons must be made tamper-evident by a method such as tamper proof labeling, straps or tape that is destroyed or visibly altered when the package is opened.
All FSIS export certificates accompanying the product must be signed by a FSIS veterinarian. The veterinary degree (DVM or equivalent) must be indicated after the signature.*
- Shipboard containers must be thoroughly cleaned using a 2% solution of Sodium Hydroxide or a 4% solution of carbonate before loading with product intended for Fiji.
- Shipboard containers must be sealed with a USDA seal.
Plants Eligible to Export
All Federally inspected establishments are eligible to export to Fiji.