Export Requirements for Ecuador
EC-45 (Aug 12, 2015)
Asterisks (*) indicate the most recent revision to these requirements. To search, click on your browser's "Edit" menu, then click on "Find (on this page)". Enter "*" in the "Find What" field, then click "Find" or "Find Next" until all asterisks have been identified.
- Pork Casings.
- Pork and pork products.
- Processed poultry and poultry products.
- Beef and beef products, including offal, must be derived from animals that are born and raised in the U.S.; or legally imported from Mexico. Cattle which are legally imported from Canada must reside in the U.S. for at least 60 days prior to slaughter.
Eligible offal products include: heart, liver, stomachs, rumen, reticulum, omasum, abomasum, brain, head, head meat, cheek meat, lips, spleen, aorta, salivary glands, trachea, tongue, sweetbreads ( thymus), kidneys, pancreas glands, large and small intestine, testicles, penis, tail, Achilles tendon, posterior band, woven tunic, skirt nerve, flexor tendon, bone marrow and feet).
Additional information about the EV program and a list of EV approved establishments can be obtained from AMS' Web site.
If FSIS inspection personnel become aware of concerns that an AMS approved EV establishment is not properly executing its EV program, AMS should be notified at QAD.AuditService@ams.usda.gov. Inspection personnel should include their immediate supervisor on messages to AMS. The following information should be included in the message:
- Product type, product code, and quantity of product
- Date of production, lot number, and shift
- Date and nature of observation
- Name of country product is intended for export
- Export certificate number (if applicable)
- Any other information to verify claim
- Name of inspection official
- Ineligible Products*
- All raw unprocessed poultry and poultry products.
All FSIS export certificates can be signed by an FSIS veterinarian or inspector.
- Poultry and poultry products
- Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness.*
- Pork casings
- Obtain FSIS Form 9060-7, Animal Casing Export Certificate for Countries requiring Ante-mortem, Post-mortem and Fit for Human Consumption Statements.
- Beef and beef products
- For beef and beef products - obtain FSIS Form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness and an FSIS Letterhead Certificate for the Import of Beef and Beef Products into Ecuador.
- For beef offals - obtain FSIS Form 9060-5, Meat and Poultry Export Certificate of Wholesomeness and an FSIS Letterhead Certificate for the Import of Fresh, Chilled or Frozen Bovine By-Products or Offals from the United States of America to Ecuador.
Other Requirements for Casings
It is the responsibility of the exporter to seal containers (transportation containers, cartons, boxes, or barrels) in such a manner as to be tamper-proof prior to removal by the animal health authority in Ecuador. Also, containers must be washed and disinfected and maintained at the appropriate temperature to transport the product.
Plants Eligible to Export
All U.S. federally inspected establishments are eligible to export to Ecuador. However, beef and beef products must originate from an AMS EV approved establishment.