Export Verification Training
FSIS-6005 Export Verification is designed to provide current Agency policy pertaining to Export Certification, Re-Inspection of Product Intended for Export, and Certifying Beef Products under Export Verification Programs. The Export Certification process instills confidence in United States meat and poultry products distributed world wide. The Food Safety and Inspection Service must continue to ensure high levels of integrity, security, and accuracy within the process by following the instructions in the new Directives and Notice.
This training provides summaries and information on FSIS Directive 9000.1 Rev.1, FSIS Directive 9040.1 Rev. 3, and expired FSIS Notice 06-09. All additional pertinent Export Directives, FSIS partner websites, and other essential contact information is provided via links and printable PDF files.
This course is not intended for FSIS Employees. Employees must complete the course in AgLearn.
Verification Course Objectives
- Locate and access the current export information and USDA partner websites on the internet.
- Generate a contact list of phone numbers and email addresses for additional technical advice regarding issues with Export Certification.
- Evaluate and verify all information on FSIS Form 9060-6 and FSIS Form 9060-5.
- List the reasons why a Certifying Official would not sign an FSIS Form 9060-5.
- List Resources available for additional information or documentation regarding information on FSIS Form 9060-5.
- Generate and file Memorandums of Interview related to Export Certification.
- Describe how to perform the Inspection Verification Procedures outlined in FSIS Directive 9040.4, Rev. 3.
- Describe the notification procedure if an establishment fails to meet the requirements of its approved Export Verification (EV) Program.
- Describe required AMS documents for EV Programs.
The Export Library contains the requirements that have been officially communicated to FSIS by the country to which the product is to be exported. It should be used to determine the eligibility of shipments for export and includes the following information:
- Certificate requirements
- Eligible and ineligible products
- Facility requirements
- Labeling requirements
- Edible and inedible products
- Plant requirements to become eligible for export
- PHV signature requirements
- Animal health requirements
- List of plants eligible to export
- Export notices
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Verification Scenarios
- FSIS Directive 9000.1 Rev. 1
- FSIS Directive 9040.1, Rev 3
- FSIS Notice 9-06 (This Notice has expired and is provided here for informational purposes only)
Last Modified Mar 24, 2015