National Advisory Committee on Meat & Poultry Inspection: Nominations for Membership
|FSIS announces in the Federal Register that it is soliciting nominations for membership on the National Advisory Committee on Meat and Poultry Inspection approximately every two years.
For further information contact the Committee Coordinator.
- To ensure that recommendations of the Committee take into account the needs of the diverse groups served by the Department, membership should include, to the extent practicable, persons with demonstrated ability to represent minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
- The full Committee consists of no more than 20, and each person selected is expected to serve a 2-year term. Members are limited to consecutive terms (maximum four years). Most members serve two terms with about one third of the committee memberships being filled each term.
- Anyone wishing to nominate or be nominated must submit the name(s) of the nominee(s) and their typed curricula vitae or resumes to FSIS as instructed by the Federal Register Notice.
- All Nominees are then contacted to complete an DOC (Form AD-755) that is forwarded to the Secretary of Agriculture for consideration.
- Selections are made in March of the following year with the first meeting scheduled in the spring. It is anticipated that the Committee will meet at least annually, averaging about twice a year (spring and fall).
Last Modified Sep 19, 2013