Top Holiday Resources and Turkey Tips
- Always wash hands with soap and water before and after preparing food.
- School parties? Teachers and volunteers should be sure to clean those classroom surfaces and desks before serving holiday treats.
- Baking holiday cookies? Never eat raw eggs; this includes raw cookie dough. Be sure cookie dough or any other raw dough product is cooked or baked safely.
TOP TURKEY RESOURCES
Recommended Internal Temperatures
- Turkey Basics: Safe Thawing | PDF | En Español | En Español PDF
- Turkey Basics: Stuffing | PDF | En Español | En Español PDF
- Turkey Basics: Safe Cooking | PDF | En Español | En Español PDF
- Turkey Basics: Handling Cooked Dinners | PDF | En Español | En Español PDF
Interactive Knowledge Base: Ask a Food Safety Question
- Don't Let Bacteria Crash Your Party
- Tips on Sending Food Gifts to U.S. Military
- Don’t Let No-Show Guests Jeopardize Food Safety This Thanksgiving!
- There's More than One Way to Cook a Turkey
- To Wash or Not to Wash… Your Turkey?
- The Big Thaw for Thanksgiving
- Food Safety Tips For Holiday Meals
- Let's Talk about Thawing a Turkey | En Español | ASL
- Let's Talk about Stuffing a Turkey | En Español
- Let's Talk about Cooking a Turkey | En Español
- Deep Fat Fried Turkey | En Español
- Prepare a Smoked or Grilled Turkey | En Español
- Prepare a Brined Turkey | En Español
- Infographic: Holiday Parties (PDF)
- Infographics: Meat and Poultry Hotline/Ask Karen; Safe Temperature for Turkey (PDF)
- Proper placement of food thermometer in whole turkey (JPG)
Want more? Looking for teaching materials?