USDA Food Safety Discovery Zone
The Discovery Zone’s 2015 season is underway. See where we've been recently and watch for announcements of upcoming events.
Your Virtual Visit
See photos and experience some of the Discovery Zone activities online.
- Take a Look Inside (Photos) | PPT (4.7mb; Download Viewer)
- Play the Food Safety Mobile Game
- A Look at What Can Make You Sick
- Take a Quiz
- See a Demonstration of Best Food Handling Techniques
View photos, including event photos, download logos. (You may also want to check out the activity books on our Kids page.)
Talk with a Food Safety Specialist
Can't visit the Discovery Zone in person? Call, click or e-mail—the USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline can answer your food safety questions on weekdays year-round.
- Phone: 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) —10 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET, English and Spanish); recorded messages 24/7
- Ask Karen - To find answers to questions about safe food handling at home or food safety in general, search our online knowledge base or download the mobile app. Online chat is available from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays.
- Videos (YouTube)
- Event Photo Gallery on Flickr
(Link to all photos tagged with foodsafetydiscoveryzone)
- Follow FSIS on Twitter and use #USDAFSDZ to follow the Discovery Zone.
Contact Us for More Information
Educators, learn how the USDA Food Safety Discovery Zone supports your food safety education efforts. We need your participation and partnership to successfully reach consumers.
Short URL for this page: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/FSDZ