Cooking for Groups: A Volunteer's Guide to Food Safety
About Cooking for Groups
The goal of this brochure is to help volunteers prepare and serve food safely for large groups such as family reunions, church dinners, and community gatherings. This food may be prepared at the volunteer's home and brought to the event, or prepared and served at the gathering.
The information provided in this publication was developed as a guide for consumers who are preparing food for large groups. For additional information, and to ensure that all state regulations or recommendations for food preparation and service are followed, please contact your local or state health department.
These versions of the booklet are available online:
- English Booklet, Full Color (PDF Only, 880kb)
- English, Text Only
- Spanish, Full Color PDF (1MB) | SIT (32MB)
- Spanish, Black & White PDF (722kb) | SIT (14MB)
- Spanish, HTML Text
- Related Publications
- Cooking for Groups Image Library
- Print ads: Slick with 5 variations (PDF only)
- News Releases (Archives)
You may also be interested in:
- Food Safety at Pow Wows (WMV)
An educational video for small meat and poultry processors, Native American food processors, food vendors and food safety educators to use to improve food safety practices at pow wows.
- Cooking for Groups Video in American Sign Language (WMV)
Video is part of the SignFSIS series of captioned videos especially for deaf and hearing-impaired consumers.