Residue Sampling Plans - "Blue Book"
United States National Residue Program for Meat, Poultry, and Egg Products: 2016 Residue Sampling Plans (PDF Only)
The United States National Residue Program (NRP) for Meat, Poultry, and Egg Products: 2016 Residue Sampling Plans (traditionally known as the Blue Book) summarizes the process of sampling meat, poultry, and egg products for chemical contaminants of public health concern used by the Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS). This document details the principles and methods used to plan and design the NRP sampling plans for veterinary drugs, pesticides, and environmental contaminants.
The Blue Book includes the following sections:
- Table of Contents & List of Tables
- Preface, Contacts and Comments, Acknowledgements, Principal Authors
- Overview of the Sampling Plans
- Domestic Sampling Plan
- Import Reinspection Sampling Plan
- Policy and Procedures for Holding or Controlling Product Under NRP
- Animal Production Classes
- Summary of the Domestic and Import Reinspection Sampling Plans