Residue Sampling Plans - "Blue Book"
The United States National Residue Program (NRP) for Meat, Poultry, and Egg Products: 2014 Residue Sampling Plans (traditionally known as the Blue Book) summarizes the process of sampling meat, poultry, and egg products for chemical contaminants of public health concern used by the Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) to conduct the NRP.
The plan includes the following sections:
- Table of Contents
- Preface, Contacts and Comments, Acknowledgements, Principal Authors
- Overview of the Sampling Plans
- Domestic Sampling Plan
- Import Reinspection Sampling Plan
- Animal Production Classes
- Summary of the Domestic and Import Reinspection Sampling Plans
- Design of the Domestic Scheduled and Import Reinspection Sampling Plans: Veterinary Drugs, Pesticides, and Environmental Contaminants
- Selecting Compounds for Testing
- Prioritizing Candidate Compounds for Testing
- Variables for Ranking Domestic Products
- Allocation of Sampling Resources for Veterinary Drugs and Pesticides
- Next Generation Selecting and Ranking Process