Veterinary Opportunities in the Field
|The majority of veterinarians (approximately 1,000 out of 1,100 in FSIS) usually start in the traditional areas of FSIS working in field operations.
Veterinarians are team leaders supervising other public health professionals to ensure establishments (slaughter or processing) under our jurisdiction comply with sanitation standards, zoonotic pathogen reduction, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Systems. In field operations, veterinarians may serve in positions as slaughter establishment Public Health Veterinarians (PHVs) and Supervisors. With more experience, further opportunities exist at the District Offices, Human Resources in Minneapolis and Headquarters. In addition, the Policy Development Division in Omaha, Nebraska, provides a full range of staff officer and leadership positions.
- Supervisory - GS 12
- Supervisory PHV - GS 11
- Supervisory PHV - GS 9/11
- District PHV (Humane Slaughter Specialist) - GS 13
- Enforcement and Investigation Analysis Officer - GS 11, GS 12
- District Manager - GS 15
- Deputy District Manger - GS 14
- Frontline Supervisor - GS 13
- Compliance Officer - GS 13
- International Program Review Officer - GS 13
- Technical Services Center Program Staff Officers, and Supervisors - GS 12-15
- Executive Associate for Technical Services - Senior Executive Service (SES)
- Recruiter- GS 11-12
- Human Resources Management Staff - GS 11-15
For currently advertised positions, please visit the USAJobs Web site.
Last Modified Jul 08, 2013