Administrative And Professional Positions
As in any organization, opportunities are available for administrative personnel. Most of these positions are located in Washington, DC; Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Omaha, NE; College Station, TX; and in FSIS district offices across the country.
- Data analysts provide statistical support to the agency.
- Risk managers develop solutions to food safety and inspection problems.
- Regulation writers and reviewers ensure agency regulations are clear in their meaning, enforceable, and consistent with program objectives, statutory requirements, and departmental policies.
- Evaluators ensure that the agency's programs are producing the results they were designed to produce.
- Human resources specialists assist with hiring and training employees, analyzing positions, and resolving grievances.
- Financial managers and analysts help administer a multi-million-dollar annual budget.
- Equal employment specialists help managers administer the agency's equal employment opportunity program.
- Information management and computer specialists analyze information needs of the organization while working with managers to improve data systems and applications used to collect information supporting the agency's mission.
- Purchasing and contract specialists meet the agency's needs for acquiring goods and services.
- Public affairs and legislative specialists, speech writers, press officers, and home economistshandle communication with the media.
- Technical and clerical personnel in each of our offices across the country process information and ensure office operations run smoothly.
For more information call FSIS Human Resources at 1-800-370-3747 (Minneapolis, MN), or visit us athttp://www.foodsafetyjobs.gov.