Complete a Food Inspector Application
|FSIS has more than 7,500 Inspectors working in commercial food plants nationwide. Inspectors provide the first line of defense against adulterated meat and poultry products. They are responsible for much of the day-to-day inspection of animals before and after slaughter.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
STEP 1: Carefully review the three different job announcements listed below. Click on the Job Announcement and you will then be directed to the USAJOBS website where you can read the entire Job Announcement.
STEP 2: Apply online. Click on "Apply Online" on the right side of the job announcement. Sign in to or Create your USAJOBS account.
STEP 3: Submit a resume. While in your USAJOBS account, you will have the opportunity to select one of your stored USAJOBS resumes, or to create or upload a new resume. Please consider the following resume writing tips:
- Provide specific and detailed information about work experience and specific job duties.
- Include all starting and ending dates for each job you have held and include hours worked per week.
- List any college degrees you have earned and the college from which the degree was earned.
STEP 4: Complete the Online Application and Assessment Questionnaire. After you have previewed and selected the resume you want to use, you will:
- Click on the Apply For This Position Now tab. You will be directed to the USA Staffing Application Manager page where you will need to log into your account or to create an account if you do not have a USA Staffing Applicant Manager account.
- Follow all the steps. Complete the biographical profile. Select up to five geographic locations where you would like to work.
- Complete the Assessment Questionnaire by carefully answering all of the questions.
- Upload any applicable documents such as your transcripts; resume; veterans' preference documents. If you are qualifying for the position based on education, a copy of your official transcripts is required. To receive veterans' preference, a copy of your Member 4, DD-214 is required. You must also submit your signed SF-15, form and supporting documentation from the VA if you are claiming 10 point preference.
- To complete your online application, Click on Submit My Answers. You will then be directed back to USAJOBS where you can review your Application Status.
- You will receive an email from USASTAFFINGOFFICE acknowledging receipt of your online application.
Last Modified Jul 18, 2013