Other Required Documents
Other required documents may include:
- Current/Former Career/Career-Conditional Eligibles: MUST submit a copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50 or equivalent) showing that you are/were in the competitive service, as well as the highest grade (or promotion potential) held, on a permanent basis.
- VEOA Eligibles: MUST submit Veteran's Preference documentation, for consideration: DD214, VA letter, SF-15 if claiming 10 pt. preference OR if you currently on active duty, a certification of expected discharge or release from active duty under honorable conditions dated within the last 120 days.
- Interchange Agreement with Other Merit Systems Eligibles: MUST submit documentation of eligibility as listed in each individual interchange agreement.
- VRA or 30% Disabled Veteran Eligibles: MUST submit a copy of your DD214, VA letter, SF-15 if claiming 10 pt. preference OR if you currently on active duty; a certification of expected discharge or release from active duty under honorable conditions dated within the last 120 days.
- Peace Corps Volunteers/Personnel Eligibles: MUST submit documentation of no less than 36 months of continuous service without a break in service of 3 days or more and separated within the last 3 years.
- Schedule A, Persons with Disabilities Appointment Eligibles: MUST submit a copy of your Sch A letter from a physician, local, state or federal rehabilitation office citing your eligibility under 5 CFR 213.3102 (u).
- Non-Competitive Reassignment/Transfer/Reinstatement Eligibles: MUST submit a copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50 or equivalent) in the competitive service with the same or higher promotion potential as this position (12).
- Miscellaneous Authorities Not Regulated by the Office of Personnel Management Eligibles: (Postal Career Service Employees, Postal Service Commission Employees, GAO, US Courts, etc), MUST submit a copy of your current Notification of Personnel Action (or equivalent) that reflects your eligibility.
- Certain Family Members Eligible under E.O. 12721: MUST submit a copy of your most recent non-award SF-50 and performance appraisal.
- Certain Military Spouses Eligible under E.O. 13473: MUST submit a copy Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, issued within the last 2 years, that lists you as authorized to accompany the Military member to the new duty permanent station; OR verification of the member's 100% disability (VA Letter); and/or verification of the member's death while on active duty (DD-1300 and Death Certificate) AND verification of the marriage to the service member (i.e., a marriage license or other legal documentation verifying marriage).
- Foreign Service Eligibles: MUST submit a copy of your most recent Foreign Service Notification of Personnel Action, showing that you were/are serving under an unlimited, career-type appointment AND have completed at least 1 year of continuous service without a break of a workday under one or more nontemporary Foreign Service appointments.
- CTAP/ICTAP Required Documentation Reduction-In-Force: Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; AND most recent performance evaluation; AND SF-50 demonstrating your separation or the position you will be separated from.
- Worker's Compensation Separation: Agency certification of inability to place employee AND Notification of Separation OR Separation SF-50.
- Disability Annuity Termination: Notification from OPM of disability annuity termination AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held.
- Military Reserve or National Guard Technician Special Disability Retirement Annuity under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456: Certification of special disability retirement annuity from a military department or National Guard Bureau AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held.
For more information on different appointment eligibility and requirements for documentation, visit http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-authorities/competitive-hiring/#url=Types-of-Appointments